Charter School Conference 2015:
- AP 10, 20, 30 = http://aphunniblog.edublogs.org/
- Creative Writing 15, 25, 35 = http://hunniwriters3.edublogs.org/
- ELA 30-1 = http://hunniblog302015.edublogs.org/
- ELA 30-2 = http://hunniblog30two.edublogs.org/
- Book Club – The Stone Angel – http://30stoneangel.edublogs.org/page/4/
- Creative Writing 35 – 2014 – http://hunniwriters2.edublogs.org/
- Bipliophilia – http://ela10dash1a2015.edublogs.org/
- Words, Words, Words – http://ela10dash1b2015.edublogs.org/
- Framed – http://cts25a2015.edublogs.org/
- The F/Stop Shop – http://ctsphotos2a.edublogs.org/
- Composition Exhibition – http://ctsphotos2b.edublogs.org/
- Through the Lens – http://ctsphotos.edublogs.org/
- Photo Finish – http://mcclareshare.edublogs.org/
NCTE – BOSTON 2013:
NCTE Blog Presentation in ppt – original is done in KEYNOTE so some formatting is off
NCTE Blog Presentation pdf – as a PDF
NCTE Blog Presentation – as a Vimeo Video
Over the past five years, I have been piloting blog writing with my English classes – to improve student writing and to introduce students to a 21st century collaborative web tool for learning.
Students are motivated to write because their writing has an authentic audience, and it offers students opportunities to learn, research, and discuss their learning in a student-engaging forum. Students are taught how to communicate appropriately and respectfully in this forum.
Benefits of Blogging:
Blogging has definitely surpassed all my expectations:
- students are crafting their “personal best” writing since it will be available to their peers and the public for feedback.
- students develop intrinsically motivated academic habits of self-discipline, integrity, and responsibility.
- the most surprising benefit is that the blog has developed a trusting, compassionate, and respectful virtual community that has transferred into the classroom itself. Blogging has allowed our walls to literally and figuratively disappear as the students work together to inspire, encourage, and validate each other.
COMMUNICATING WITH PARENTS:
PD PRESENTATION Jan 2013:
BLOGGING – Academic Links:
- Because Digital Writing Matters
- SAMR Model by Dr. Ruben R. Puentendura
- Teaching With Blogs – Traci Gardner
- Weekly Writer Blogs – Traci Gardner
- Creating Character Blogs – Elizabeth Potash
BLOGGING for Building Literacy – Academic Journals: